Chuckit! has teamed up with canine photographer, Emma Bearman to judge the entries of this years Chuckit! Challenge.
According Rover.com, 24% of us are now sharing more pictures of our fur-pal online than of friends or family.
As the owner of social media pup-star, Alfie Bear, boasting an impressive following of 29,000 fans, head judge Emma knows a thing or two about what makes a super snap.
She said: “I’m incredibly excited to be judging this year’s Chuckit! Challenge, there is nothing I love more than seeing dogs having fun – action shots are definitely my favourite, I will be looking for happy dogs enjoying their playtime.”
So, whether your pup is camera shy or she loves being centre stage, check out Emma’s top five tips to help capture your fur-pals best angle.
- Get down low – when it comes to taking the perfect picture, the lower you can get to take the photo the better. Yes, you are probably going to get wet and muddy, but the results are definitely going to be worth it. Just being don at your dog’s level will significantly improve your photographs.
- Focus on eye contact – for me this is the most important part, you dog’s eyes should always be in focus. The eyes are always what draws you in to an image, it doesn’t matter if it’s a portrait or action shot, focusing on the eyes is a must.
- Pick the perfect lighting – this may be a surprise to you, but I always prefer to shoot on a cloudy day, you will find that the colours will be lovely and soft. Most people think that a bright sunny day is ideal, but the harsh light can create dark shadows which can really limit your photography.
- Have fun together – there is nothing your dog loves more than having fun with you, and this will really show in your photographs. Taking photos should be one big game, their face will say it all.
- Reward your fur-pal – It’s always a lot easier to photograph a dog that wants to work with you, keep your photo sessions short and sweet and always reward them for posing for the camera – this could be with treats or chasing their favourite Chuckit! ball.
The Chuckit! Challenge competition gives pet parents the chance to win a £1,000 dog-friendly holiday by Forest Holidays for showing off their pho-dog-graphy skills. Dog owners will have until the summer to submit their entries.
To enter all they need to do is post pups most impressive action shots with their favourite Chuckit! toys to the brand’s Facebook and Twitter pages, using the hashtag #ChuckitChallenge2019.
From there entries will be judged by a snap-tastic head judge, which will be announced very soon.
Will Baggaley, UK Brand Manager for Chuckit!, said: “Following the success of the Chuckit! Challenge over the last three years, we wanted to give our fans another opportunity to take part in the competition and show off their dogs’ skills in front of an amazing head judge.”
To enter the competition you must be 18 years or over and reside in the UK. All entries must be received by 8 June 2019, 11:59pm. An entries can be made by Twitter or Facebook only.
For more information on the competition or to find your nearest stockist of Chuckit! you can visit www.chuckit-toys.co.uk.