This Christmas the RSPCA is urging people to buy their secret Santa presents from its charity shops.
From quirky t-shirts, toilet humour board games and comedy kitchen wear, there are a range of perfect ideas which are sure to make your colleagues chuckle this festive season.
Buying a gift from an RSPCA charity shop means your money helps animals in need and buying second hand is a more environmentally conscious choice too.
Jenny Eden, RSPCA Retail Specialist, said: “Some of the donations we get to our hundreds of charity shops across England and Wales are just fantastic! From the downright hilarious to the unique and quirky finds, it’s amazing what you can find in a charity shop.
“At this time of year with work Christmas parties on the horizon, we are urging people to get on board with Second Hand Secret Santa and pick up their secret gift from an RSPCA charity shop. Not only are you sure to find something brilliant but t also means your money goes towards helping animals in need this Christmas.”
The RSPCA rescues more than 100,000 animals every year and Christmas is no exception with the charity expected to take in more than 10,000 animals for care over the Christmas period.
RSPCA branches are separately registered charities and so rely on generous donations through their charity shops in the local community.
More than 150 RSPCA shops will have a special Second Hand Secret Santa shelf to make it easy for your to spot the best buys over the coming weeks.
The best RSPCA charity shop finds:
- A striking t-shirt featuring a cat in a cowboy hat riding a shark vomiting a rainbow was donated at the Hitchin shop in Hertfordshire.
- A corkscrew man for 50p will help to open the bubbles at the Xmas party.
- If an Oopsie Whoopsie poo game sounds like our cup of tea, head to the Shirley charity shop now.
- An ice cube tray in the shape of dentures could be a great gift for the ‘old before their time’ colleague.
- Make your own King of Pop with a crochet Elvis kit.
- Fishing for Floaters game – like hook a duck with a plastic poo.
- Channel your inner ostrich with some ostrich slippers.
- A bag of moustaches is sure to make the selfies at the Christmas party.
- Make some balloon models for your friends this festive season.
To find your nearest RSPCA charity shop, visit www.rspca.org.uk/whatwedo/yourlocal.