The RSPCA is encouraging its supporters to help animals in need through Payroll Giving this Giving Tuesday (December 1st).
Giving Tuesday is the time of the year when we are encouraged to think about what we can give back to charities.
This year, the RSPCA is bracing itself for its toughest Christmas yet as the charity fears that the financial impact of the Coronavirus crisis could mean more animals are being abandoned or neglected and coming into the charity’s care.
This year, the charity is asking animal lovers to consider setting up Payroll Giving as a unique and tax-efficient way to help animals. Payroll Giving is a simple way to make regular donations to a charity straight from your gross salary. This means that you can help animals in need every time you’re paid.
Julie Brown, the RSPCA’s Payroll Giving Manager, said: “Giving Tuesday comes after Black Friday and Cyber Monday – two major Christmas shopping days in the festive calendar. This international day encourages people to donate or volunteer for a cause close to their hearts in order to give something back.
“So far this year, Payroll Giving has raised more than £500,000 to help the RSPCA continue to rescue, rehabilitate and rehome animals in desperate need of care. We’re asking employees, employers and fellow animal lovers to consider donating to the RSPCA through Payroll Giving to help us continue to rescue those animals who need us the most this Christmas and beyond.”
What is Payroll Giving?
- Making a donation through Payroll Giving means it comes straight out of your gross salary (pre-tax)
- It can be set up by completing a simple form online
- You can donate as much or as little as you’d like and can stop your donation at any time
- It’s tax free, so every £1 you give will only cost you around 80p
- You don’t need to sign up to direct debit or give out your bank details – your employer will deduct the donation from your salary directly.
Julie added: “In the past eight years, Payroll Giving has raised a whopping £7 million which means that hundreds of thousands of animals have benefitted from this simple and easy way to give.”
For more information on Payroll Giving you can visit https://www.rspca.org.uk/getinvolved/donate/monthly/payroll